Welcome to the Diabetes and Endocrinology Department at Trafford.
I hope to meet you on Monday morning at 09:30 AM
Venue : Will be on News update page
Please note that Trafford dose not have acute admissions. This means that you will see patients who have passed the acute phase of illness and are recovering. That does not reduce your learning outcomes.
Clinical Experience Diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes and obesity
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Pump Clinic/ Glucose intensification)
- Nephropathy ( diabetic kidney disease)
Clinical Experience Endocrinology
- Approach to symptoms
Clinical Experience General Medical
- Ward rounds ( with consultant of the day)
- Case History and Examination
- Case presentation
What do you do if Dr. George is on leave on Monday?
I will try and delegate someone , If that is not possible, please go on the wards and join ward rounds
What do you do if a clinic is cancelled?
Please go to the ward and you can do procedures, attend ward rounds or get sign offs
What sign offs can I get?
- Pharmacy – drug reconciliation/ prescribing
- Blood glucose testing
- Venu-puncture/ Canula insertion
- Sub cutaneous injection
WIFI at Trafford
Here are the complete instructions belowPlease refresh the page if the pdf document does not load
If you are driving the following roads have free parking.
Laburnum Road M41 7WN, Nursery Road, Craig Avenue, Brook road ,Trevor road
Other roads just outside are RESIDENTS ONLY. DO NOT PARK ON LOSTOCK ROAD BOWERS AVENUE, MALVERN AVENUE
- AG Dr. Ajith George Consultant
- CA Dr. Clare Adamson Hon consultant
- DM Sr. Diane Morrison
- NR Sr. Nuala Rushton
- NL Sr. Natalie Lancaster
- JN Julie Neilan
- HW Helen Whitaker
- RR Rachael Robinson
- KHJ Kerry Hawood Jones
- LM Louise Morris
- AS Andrea Snell Diabetes center manager
- BW Brenda Williams Diabetes center Secretary
Trafford Hospital is located in urmston. If you are driving put the post code for one of the nearby roads for parking. PARKING AT TRAFFORD IS FREE FOR 3 HOURS ONLY.
The following roads are likely to have free parking but look for road signs and be considerate of residents Laburnum road, Patterdale Road
Trafford Shuttle buses (free) run between sites every 30 minutes. Please avail these buses to get here relaxed and early. These buses leave MRI boulevard ( Bus stop – under the long bridge walkway) at 8.05 to get here by 9 AM. Return buses start in front of clock tower at Trafford
- You will be expected to spend a minimum of
- 2 ward sessions per week
- 2 Clinics per week
- 1 lecture session
- 1 Ward based consultant/ registrar teaching
- 2 private study sessions
Attending virtual clinics :
You can Join on Zoom and I will discuss cases with you
Face to face clinics
What is important to me?
- Reliability and honesty – I know when you don’t turn up to where you should be, so please let me know if you are going to miss a teaching/ clinic
- Critical thinking – being really curious about every aspect of the patient examination and history- question everything analyse everything.
- Challenging me – I expect you to question me. Your questions indicate your level of understanding
- Good reflections – I hope you will all put down intelligent reflections-
- What have I learnt?
- what has surprised me.
- What have I read?
A Few tips to impress
- Digging into the history – patient tells you COPD- Are you convinced?
- Reading around cased you see
- At least 3 differentials
- Sorting the red herrings from the red flags..
Your end of posting assessments
- A demonstration of your knowledge – history and examination records
- A demonstration of your curiosity – What questions have you asked
- A demonstration of your skills – procedures done/observed
You will be assessed based on all the requirements by the university. I look for the above at the time of your assessments.