We recognize that this is a big move for you. You have career aspirations, goals and targets. You have left behind what you have built up over years, the stability and support you had to start off in the NHS. We will respect that.
How we will support you
- Overseas champion – Open door policy – We have a person who is experienced in dealing with overseas graduates. Having traveled this route before, he/ she will be able to meet you and discuss your clinical ,non-clinical and personal difficulties with you. You can meet this person as often as you need. Please email or contact secretary to arrange this meeting
- Educational supervisor – You will have an educational supervisor who will meet up with you in the first 2 -3 weeks to discuss how you have been settling in and the targets for the first month.
- Supernumerary period ( You will be paid)- There will be an initial period of 2 weeks to 1 month where you will not have any responsibilities but will need to shadow other doctors to understand the system
- Shadow on calls You will have a period where you follow those on call
- Transport – There is a free bus running between Trafford Site and Manchester Royal Site running every 30 minutes. ( This journey takes about 30 minutes)
- Induction – There is a mixture of online and face to face induction that will take place over the first month.
- Trafford Start – Trafford hosptial offers more support and is less busy compared to other sites and you will spend 3 – 6 monyths giving you time to settle in
- Finally – we are all very friendly and approachable