Welcome to the Manchester Thyroid Group..
How can Dr. George Help?.
- Areas of expertise
- Dr. Ajith George is primarily a diabetes and endocrine consultant. This deals with various hormones and diabetes. However we all know that hormones work with every system like an orchestra. A person in the band playing the wrong note can affect the quality of music. Hence he will also look at your symptoms, past history and try and arrive at a diagnosis ( or differential diagnoses).
- Fatigue is a common symptom of many conditions including chronic fatigue syndrome. While Chronic fatigue syndrome s best dealt with by a multi disciplinary team, Dr. George can exclude endocrine conditions which might be contributing to your symptoms. However treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome using CBT , psychology etc is best dealt with on the NHS.
- Diabetes - Weight gain and diabetes is a complex area and Dr Ajith George can help in this regard. As with many chronic health conditions, diabetes can be frustrating to live with.. but it does not have to be. Dr George can do a "power over diabetes" plan. This includes an intial consultation, advice on diet and activity, lifestyle changes that will get you in control. The review will include optimising medications, and maximizing benefits to protect you. This includes Type 1 Diabetes (focusing on technology eg sensors, pumps) and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (self empowerment and lifestyle).
Making the most of your consultation.
We aim to meet you at your convenience giving you sufficient time to encourage you to have an effective consultation. A few points may help you prepare for this
- Preparing information and questions
- We don't mind at all if you bring information you have come across on the internet to clarify any issues you might have. Articles on the internet tend to usually be a non professional opinion and it may relate to one person's poor experience. However, there may be lessons to be learnt. Please note down questions you want to ask
- Arriving with plenty of time.
- If you are rushed, your brain is in stressed mode and may not remember all the issues you might have thought about.
- Bring a friend or partner
- Two heads are always better than one and it will help if there is another person in the room to remember all that has been said
- A letter will follow
- The consultation will result in a detailed letter being sent to you and your GP. Please let us know if you would like us not to send letters to you or your GP. We respect your confidentiality requirements.
- A letter from your GP
- A letter from your GP ( Usual Doctor ) will help with previous roads that have been traversed avoiding unnecessary investigations.